Ever since the notification of the Forest Guard Recruitment Examination has been issued in the state, it is in the circle of controversies.



Ever since the notification of the Forest Guard Recruitment Examination has been issued in the state, it is in the circle of controversies. Notification of the exam was released twice. Change the rules many times. Now the final dispute is about the examination paper being leaked. Nearly one and a half lakh youth are waiting for the results for this recruitment examination which is going on for four years.

First controversy: Only those with science have a chance
The first notification of this recruitment was released by Uttarakhand Subordinate Services Selection Commission on August 3, 2017. As soon as online applications started, there was a dispute regarding educational qualifications. Only those youths who had passed the 12th examination in Science or Agriculture could apply for this recruitment.
Uttarakhand Unemployed Federation started agitation against it. He said that the government and the commission have treated the 12th passers of art subjects with impunity. Eventually, the Commission had to change the educational qualification rule.

Second controversy: High court bans
In January this year, the High Court stayed the Forest Guard recruitment examination. Actually, the President of the Forest Reserve Association had filed a petition in the High Court. He had said that under the Recruitment Rules 2016 of the Forest Department, 66 percent of the new posts should be filled by promotion and the rest by direct recruitment.

While the commission has issued direct recruitment notification on all posts. There is also a provision in the manual that 66 percent of those serving on contract for 10 years will be given a place in the criterion. Eventually it was stayed by the High Court. Later the process was stopped and the process was started again.

Third controversy: paper leaks
Now the third controversy of the exam is about the paper leak. There have been allegations that the paper has been leaked in the examination conducted by the Commission. The SIT after examining it has submitted the report to the Subordinate Services Selection Commission.

Notification issued twice:
Forest Guard recruitment notification was issued twice by the Subordinate Services Selection Commission. The first notification was released on August 3, 2017. After this, the second notification was released on 18 September 2019.

The questions raised on these rules were changed:

For recruitment, the rule of 12th pass from Science or Agriculture has been changed to all 12th pass.
In the first notification of recruitment, the mandatory age limit was kept 18 to 24 years, after which there was opposition, it was increased to 18 to 28 years.
– Under the examination it was first decided that there will be a physical test followed by a written test. This rule was later changed. Now there is a written test first, after which there will be a physical test.
– It was decided earlier that in the physical test, the male candidate has to run 25 km with a weight of 10 kg on the shoulder and the female candidate has to run 14 km with a weight of five kg on the shoulder. It was also opposed. Eventually the commission removed the weighting rule. Now the rules for 25 km race for male candidates and 14 km for female candidates are left.

For the last four years, students have been preparing for an exam. This exam was conducted with much difficulty. Even after this, the exam is stuck in corruption. Neither the result has come nor the investigation of the SIT has been made public. If there is widespread corruption then this recruitment should be canceled. The result should be released based on the SIT investigation report.
– Kamlesh Bhatt, President, Uttarakhand Unemployed Federation

 

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *