
Uttarakhand Disaster Secretary Vinod Kumar Suman said on the ongoing search and rescue operation in the disaster-affected Dharali-Harsil area of Uttrakhand that relief and rescue operations are going on and more than a thousand people are working there. A team of scientists has also gone there. So far, information has been received about about 68 people being missing. The list of missing people has been released.
Dhami government stands with the affected in their grief: Kothiyal
Uttarkashi: Vice President of Uttarakhand State Ex-Servicemen Welfare Advisory Committee, Senior Colonel Ajay Kothiyal reached Dharali on Wednesday. During this, he took stock of the damage caused by the disaster in Dharali. Also, he met the affected and said that the state government under the leadership of Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami stands with the affected in their grief. They will be helped in every possible way. While meeting the disaster victims in the premises of Someshwar Devta temple, Minister of State with rank, Retired Colonel Kothiyal said that the disaster caused by the flood in Kheer Ganga on August 5 has devastated Dharali. But the responsibility of reconstruction work in Harshil-Dharali area given to him by the Chief Minister will be completed keeping in mind the needs of the affected. He also talked about making the government aware of the suggestions of the affected. During this, the affected families demanded employment for their children doing courses from NIM, on which he assured necessary action. Let us tell you that Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami has entrusted the responsibility of reconstruction and relief work to Retired Colonel Ajay Kothiyal in disaster-affected Harshil and Dharali.